Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luka2
Contributor
Contributor

tDotNETRow - how do I process List<String> returned from method call?

Hi

I'm trying to use tDotNetRow to call method that is returning List<String> or I can return String[] and later user output in javaRow but I can not parse into a Array returned object.

I have tried to tick box for returning instance of .NET object and I'm getting back object but I do not think that is my value only instance of that class.

Does anyone know if its possible to return List<T> or just String,int,bool etc. values ? How Can I parse that object to correct array ?

Thank you for any help in advance.

Labels (4)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Luke S​ ,

Could you please try to add a column with type=List( it depends on the .net object type) in the tDotNetRow component's schema and setup the 'Output value target column' to this column ,then use tLogRow to output the column for test as the below,

please refer to the article https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/8.0/dotnet/tdotnetinstantiate-tdotnetrow-tlogrow-tdotnetrow-tlogrow-configuring-tdotnetrow-standard-component

0695b00000hti3GAAQ.png 

Best regards

Aiming

luka2
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Aiming Chen​ 

Thank you for your reply. I have tried already List, Document, Object etc... but I'm getting java.lang.NullPointerException.

I have tried every settings inc. Return instance and without with List, string, object data type as returned column and when trying return array I'm getting java.lang.NullPointerException.

I can return string but I can not return string[] or List<String> from c#.

The link you have provided is only for string as return type.

Regards

Luka