Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniel_peger
Partner - Contributor III

Possibility to determine which node serves an application (QlikSense)

Hi,

we want to use Qlik Sense in a distributed setup with multiple engine nodes bound to a cluster. By using the "Load balancing nodes" setting in QMC > Proxies clients are transparently load balanced to use one of the engines which is quite a cool feature.

But is there any possibility from a client perspective to determine which node in a cluster actually serves the content to the client? This information may be very useful for tracking down possible problems with certain nodes in the setup...

Best regards

Daniel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Masaki_Hamano
Employee
Employee

Hi Daniel,

You can use "ComputerName()" function. For instance, if you embed a Text & image object on a sheet with "=ComputerName()" measure on it like the following image, the object returns computer names of the QES the user is accessing to.

If you have multiple apps and you would like to show the computer name on all of the apps, you need to modify all of them, but this is the only way I can think of.

Masaki

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Masaki_Hamano
Employee
Employee

Hi Daniel,

You can use "ComputerName()" function. For instance, if you embed a Text & image object on a sheet with "=ComputerName()" measure on it like the following image, the object returns computer names of the QES the user is accessing to.

If you have multiple apps and you would like to show the computer name on all of the apps, you need to modify all of them, but this is the only way I can think of.

Masaki

daniel_peger
Author

Thanks masaki.hamano!

That was exactly the function I was looking for