Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klekovkinda
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Web Storage Provider Connectors

Documentation is saying that:

Spoiler
The Qlik Web Storage Provider Connectors allow you to seamlessly connect to your file-based data stored on a web storage provider, such as Dropbox, and stream that data into your Qlik Sense app

I have qlik sense august 2022 patch 6 installed 
But I do not have Amazon S3 V2 connector. 

Spoiler

As of December 2022:

• The Amazon S3 V2 connector is available. Qlik recommends that you use the Amazon S3 V2 connector when developing new apps.

regarding the documentation it should be available in the patch 6
What am I missing?
Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 18.00.54.png

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Roza
Employee
Employee

Hi  @klekovkinda

that's a defect in documentation - Amazon S3 V2 connectors is not released in Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows/
Qlik Sense Desktop right now (but connector appears there soon). Currently it's available only on Qlik SaaS and Qlik Web Connectors

There is no much difference between Amazon S3 v2 and Amazon S3, only what we use under the hood - AWS SDK for .NET API instead of Amazon S3 REST API.

sorry for the inconvenience caused

Regards,

Roza

View solution in original post

4 Replies
klekovkinda
Author

But I'm interesting in  Amazon S3 V2. and what is the difference between Amazon S3 V2 and Amazon S3 ?

klekovkinda
Author

@PadmaPriya And I do not unserstand:
documentation here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/Web_Connectors_help/Content/Connectors_QWC/Data-So...
Is saying:
We recommend that you use the Amazon S3 V2 connector when developing new apps. For more information, see Amazon S3 V2.
Can someone Clarify this mess? How to get Amazon S3 V2 available on my qlik sense instance?

Roza
Employee
Employee

Hi  @klekovkinda

that's a defect in documentation - Amazon S3 V2 connectors is not released in Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows/
Qlik Sense Desktop right now (but connector appears there soon). Currently it's available only on Qlik SaaS and Qlik Web Connectors

There is no much difference between Amazon S3 v2 and Amazon S3, only what we use under the hood - AWS SDK for .NET API instead of Amazon S3 REST API.

sorry for the inconvenience caused

Regards,

Roza