Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Qlik REST Connector number/time interpretation

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to load data via REST Connector. The response contains a field called name, which is in following format.

name
17:78
18:18
17:A0
1A:20

Qlik immediately tries to interpret this as a time, so as a result I get this (not lines 1 and 2)

name
17:A0
1A:20

This is because when looking at the data as a time value, these two values have the same underlying numeric value and thus can only have one string representation - the first loaded one. However, these values in fact are NOT time, for me they're strings - names. Is there any way how to either format this in REST connector load statement (which does not accept any functions, just field names, as far as I know), or force REST Connector or Qlik to NOT autointerpret this?

Thanks.

Juraj

Labels (2)
2 Replies
CHansford
Luminary
Luminary

Hi Juraj,

If I encountered this kind of thing I would use

Subfield(name,':',1) as Name1 and Subfield(name,':',-1) as Name2, but that is my simplistic approach to everything.

Regards

Chris  

juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi Chris,

thanks for suggestion. The problem is that at the moment when I can use Subfield() the value is already formatted incorrectly, so I will still get wrong result. What I would need is an option to format the value at the time of load from the REST source, otherwise Qlik formats it to its will.