Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michele-Gava
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Data Gateway MSSQL Server Not working anymore

Hello

We have a Qlik Data Gateway  - Direct Access connector in our Qlik Cloud 

It connects to an on-prem Microsoft Sql Server 2019 (Data Gateway versione 1.4.1)

Everything was ok until Jan 29th. Suddenly it stopped working. This is the error fetched:

<<

Status(StatusCode="Internal", Detail="Error executing command:. connectiontest: ConnectorServiceLookupError(1101 - error retrieving node to service the command: mssql: Error: No node supports data source mssql (registered datasources: 1)) (DirectAccess-2507)")

>>

We tried to restrart the server on which the gateway is installed (dedicated machine), reinstall the data gateway (moved to 1.6.3), disable the antivirus on the server, but no result. We also tried to configure a connection via ODBC, but same error occurs. Could this be due to a Qlik Saas upgrade? Any suggestion on how to solve the problem? Please help, customer stucked!

Many Thanks

Michele Gava

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mshann01
Contributor III
Contributor III

Glad to hear it's working.  I will keep your steps in mind in case we have a similar issue in the future.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
mshann01
Contributor III
Contributor III

Michele, we are using the QDG version 1.6.3 with SQL Server 2019 connections like you.  While we have intermittent outages, it does work most of the time.  If you haven't tried regenerating the registration keys and applying to your tenant, I would start there.  Make sure the gateway service is up and running and that the Gateway Status on your tenant shows as Connected.  If all else fails, I would fully uninstall and start from scratch on both the local machine and the tenant config.

Michele-Gava
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the reply
We solved re-installing the service several times, the last (and successful
) one, changing the installation directory (from c:\Program Files\... to
D:\some other path\...)
Re-created the Gateway on the tenant and it all worked.

Another difference with respect to previous attempts was that we started
the service via command-line (instead of Windows Services Console)

mshann01
Contributor III
Contributor III

Glad to hear it's working.  I will keep your steps in mind in case we have a similar issue in the future.