Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justalkak
Partner - Contributor III

Sheet action: Select values matching search criteria

Hi, 

I am struggling with sheet actions, which I find too limited unfortunately.

This is what I need to achieve:

while changing to next sheet I need to Clear all selections and then assign former value of Dimension1 to field Dimension2.

I have managed to do this by using on sheet 2 the two actions:

- Clear all selections and

- Select values matching search criteria with Dimension2 and formula: ='=Only({$1} Dimension1)'

justalkak_0-1710178990635.png

This works nice if I have selected some value of Dimension1 on the first sheet. However, if no values were selected there, if I move to the next sheet I will get ALL possible values of Dimension2 selected, which is what I dont want. If no Dimension1 values were selected on the 1st page then I would like to get no values transferred at all on next sheet to Dimension2.

justalkak_2-1710178804132.png

(Position_Date is my Dimension2 here)

I have tried with If condition on the formula above and with set analysis expression like:

='=If(Only({$1} Dimension1)>0, Only({$1} Dimension1), null())'       or

='=Only({$1} {<Dimension1={'$(=Only({$1} Dimension1))'}>}Dimension1)'

but with no success. Adding the conditions makes the formula stop working properly..

I need to do this exactly this way because I have alternate state on Dimension1 and I need to clear all first not to show aternate state filter and then apply the former Dimension1 value..

Appreciate any help on this.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
justalkak
Author

I've found a way.. used Select values in a field action instead and =Only({$1} Position_Date_FULL) in a variable. Works as I need.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

To force an earlier stage resolution, try using variables where the variable expression has a preceding '='.  The '=' sign in front of an expression used by a variable will force the whole thing to be evaluated and then basically the result is copy/pasted to where you want it to be used.  

justalkak
Author

I've tried with variables, but it looks like it is more about the action expression. Variable did not change anything

justalkak
Author

I've found a way.. used Select values in a field action instead and =Only({$1} Position_Date_FULL) in a variable. Works as I need.