• 149,891 Solutions
Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT

Welcome to Qlik Community

Recent Discussions

• forum

App Development

TableName() function is not working with IterNo, RecNo etc

So there is a logic to get TableName list: for i=0 to nooftables()-1 TableList: Load tablename($(i)) as TableName Autogenerate 1; next i  No... Show More

So there is a logic to get TableName list:

for i=0 to nooftables()-1
      TableList:
      Load
        tablename($(i)) as TableName
      Autogenerate 1;
    next i

Now I want to simplify this to a one load with Autogenerate and TableName() function returns NULL():

TableList:
    Load
      tablename(RecNo()-1) as TableName,
      RecNo(),
      RowNo()
    Autogenerate nooftables();

Also have tried with Preceding Load and still nothing:

TableList:
    Load
      tablename(rec_no-1) as TableName,
      rec_no,
      row_no;
    Load
      RecNo() as rec_no,
      RowNo() as row_no
    Autogenerate nooftables();

It seems like a bug to me - TableName() responds only if we put integer or recalculated variable there.
    Any thoughts on this?

Show Less
  • forum

Qlik Reporting Service

Cumulative Sum in filtered table

Hello Everyone, I want to see the cumulative total up to the value I filtered a date variable in a table. However, since I filtered this value, I cann... Show More

Hello Everyone,

I want to see the cumulative total up to the value I filtered a date variable in a table. However, since I filtered this value, I cannot do this with a formula that includes rowno() or columnno(), because when I filter, only that row/column remains on the screen and this formula naturally returns only the value of that date.

Show Less
  • forum

Insight Advisor

Looking for a Qlik Sense Tutor

Hi everyone! I'm building dashboards for HR Statistics in Qlik Sense. I've made some basic courses in qlik platform and took one Udemy course; however... Show More

Hi everyone! I'm building dashboards for HR Statistics in Qlik Sense. I've made some basic courses in qlik platform and took one Udemy course; however, there are some concepts are not clear enough and also I cannot find relevant information about how to do/build some formulas or calculations because mostly I just find sales examples which in my case are not very helpful.

Right now I'm struggling with 2 main issues:

I need to count how many employees where active in each month, each employee can have several hiring dates and attrition dates but I also have a fixed number of employees that need to be added to previous count.

Holidays Dashboards: I need to build in the same app the availables holidays for each employee according to their country and it's legislation ( USA, Panama, Netherlands and Spain).

I'm looking for someone who can guide me a bit better in master calendar, Set analysis and scripting in order to finish the dashboards I'm working at. If someone is interested in gaining some extra cash and help a lost soul in Qlik's world I'll be more than happy if you PM me.

Thanks in advance and cheers

Show Less
  • forum

Security & Governance

Use Wildcard with user directory as USERID in section access?

Hi all, I have a question regarding the use of a wildcard in the USERID column for the section access. Is it possible to use the user directory plus a... Show More

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the use of a wildcard in the USERID column for the section access. Is it possible to use the user directory plus a wildcard e.g.

ACCESS          USERID                  REDUCTION

USER               ACCOUNTS\*         TEST

If i try this, I always get an error message, that the data can not get saved, because I'm getting locked out. So it looks like this is not possible. Or am I doing something wrong here?

Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards,

Dirk

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

null Text value replace with another value qlik sense expression

Hi everyone,   I need some help. I have two dimensions. I can not fix this problem in the editor because the data is too large. I need to fix this in ... Show More

Hi everyone,

I need some help.

I have two dimensions. I can not fix this problem in the editor because the data is too large.

I need to fix this in the expression.

I have done a lot of research but maybe it is something small I am doing wrong.

Temp tale 1 and temp table 2

If the customer field is empty in temp1, then fill it with temp table 2 customer value

But it does not work.

My expression: if(IsNull(Name1),Name2,Name1)

TheresaB_4_0-1715947028852.png

TheresaB_4_2-1715947179108.png

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

chart not showing data after selection

Hi there, Bar chart shows correct data, but when I make a selection in the age dimension, chart show no data.example:Chart: Selection made (number 11... Show More

Hi there, 
    Bar chart shows correct data, but when I make a selection in the age dimension, chart show no data.
    example:
    Chart:

JoseGarcia_1-1715959555257.png

Selection made (number 11):

JoseGarcia_2-1715959613741.png

I think it is something to do with the dimension formula, but cannot figure out.
    Formula for age:
     =floor(if(GetFieldSelections(Type_Load) = 'Latest Update', (Today() - [EightD.D1_KPIDate]) / 30,
    if(GetFieldSelections(Type_Load) = 'Official Extraction Data', ('$(vMaxCutofDate)' - [EightD.D1_KPIDate]) / 30)))

any ideas?

Thanks as always!

Show Less
  • forum

App Development

Qlik thumbnail images

I am looking to update qlik apps in my organization with some thumbail images. Does anyone have some cool images which they are willing to share 🙂
  • forum

Qlik Compose for Data Warehouses

Recover failed taks

For Qlik Compose for DW 2023.11.0.69 and SQL Server 2019 we have a full load task that runs couple of times a day. If this task is at 98% completion (... Show More

For Qlik Compose for DW 2023.11.0.69 and SQL Server 2019 we have a full load task that runs couple of times a day. If this task is at 98% completion (1612/1633) and fails due to insufficient system memory or connectivity or any other server related issue, is there a way for Qlik Compose to recover or pick up where the load failed? Although not ideal, but if the former is not possible is a manual rerun of the ETL task statements an option? 

Thanks.

Show Less
  • forum

App Development

Cumulation in Load Script => fill missing month postings

Hi Community, I need your help on a load script.  I created this Qlik Script: Table_CUM: Load Year, Month, YearMonth, Order, Orderpos, Account, Value,... Show More

Hi Community,

I need your help on a load script. 

I created this Qlik Script:

Table_CUM:

Load

Year,

Month,

YearMonth,

Order,

Orderpos,

Account,

Value,

if((Previous(Orderpos)=Orderpos and Previous(Account)=Account,rangesum(peek('Value_cum'),Value),Value) as Value_cum

Resident Table

Order by Orderpos ASC, Account ASC, YearMonth ASC;

This Script cumulates all the values; but I want all the Months being filled with cumulated results in Column Value_cum (see Result vs. Desired result). How could I achieve this? 

Kind regards

Christian

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

On Filter allow only one selection

Hi All,I have a filter with Emplyee_Code. How can I limit an user to select only one value from filter drop down in Qlik Sense ?I do not want user to ... Show More

Hi All,

I have a filter with Emplyee_Code. How can I limit an user to select only one value from filter drop down in Qlik Sense ?

I do not want user to select multiple Emplyee_Codes in the Filter List.

Here i can select multiple selections but i do not want to select multiple selections only one selection should allow.

filter.JPG

Please provide the solution.

Show Less
Leaderboard

Customer Story

Accelerating Decision-Making with Qlik Insights

Qlik enhances decision-making with high-speed insights, as Mayborn Group integrates data from various functions across their global operations, gaining a competitive edge in the childcare industry.

Customer Story

Efficiency in Agriculture: Nortera's Qlik Triumph

Nortera leads agricultural manufacturing analytics and automation with Qlik, reducing short-shipment rates and annual savings in water consumption.

Customer Story

Revolutionizing aircraft production through Data Analytics

Qlik Data Integration transforms Airbus' aircraft production, leading to over 150 replication tasks and informing more efficient analysis.

Location and Language Groups

Choose a Group

Join one of our Location and Language groups. Find one that suits you today!

Collaborate

Healthcare User Group

Healthcare User Group

A private group is for healthcare organizations, partners, and Qlik healthcare staff to collaborate and share insights..

All are welcome

Japan Group

Japan

Qlik Communityの日本語のグループです。 Qlik製品に関する日本語資料のダウンロードや質問を日本語で投稿することができます。

Request to join

Brasil Group

Brazil

Welcome to the group for Brazil users. .All discussions will be in Portuguese.

open to all

Blogs

Community News

Hear from your Community team as they tell you about updates to the Qlik Community Platform and more!