Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haymarketpaul
Creator III
Creator III

QlikView 11 Service Release 1

Does anyone know what happened to QV11 SR1 download?  It no longer seems to be on the download page...

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/supportupdates/2012/03/20/version-11-service-release-1-now-available

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

the reason for withdrawing the release according to qliktech support:

"The bug found didn’t allow any document settings to be saved, which basically broke the QlikView Developer"

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confirmed. I expect they'll re-release it with an updated build.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know why it was pulled?  It seems odd that they released SR1, then pulled it so quickly after the release.  Sounds like a pretty significant bug was discovered.  I really wish QlikTech was more forthcoming with information around bugs and releases.  Us users are left playing a guessing game.

haymarketpaul
Creator III
Creator III
Author

yes i agree - i tweeted them with no reply?  We'd already downloaded it when it was there and upgraded our test server with it so hopefully it's nothing too serious.  Our test server hasn't melted or anything...yet

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeffrey, it's not the first time. I believe v11 IR got yanked for a security issue before a new build was eventually released.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Wanted to let you know we were experiencing issues with the download page on Friday. Its fixed now, not sure I saw that tweet- will check and respond. Also in terms of more proactive with bugs and fixes I will forward this thread to the right people.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

haymarketpaul
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Still can't see it on the download page?

QV.gif

Not applicable

the reason for withdrawing the release according to qliktech support:

"The bug found didn’t allow any document settings to be saved, which basically broke the QlikView Developer"

Or
MVP
MVP

I'm not at all surprised that support would withdraw the version for a bug like that - but I'm stunned that they didn't see fit to post an update anywhere as to that being the problem, for the benefit of anyone who managed to download the broken SR1 (such as myself). Luckily, I've only installed it in a test environment, so no significant harm was done.