cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CYS_yatsum
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

qlikview change Active directory name

A QV server required to change the window active directory domain name which change the users.

For example, the AD admin name change from  'QVadmin/Peter' to 'Prod_QVadmin/Peter'.

And 'QVadmin/Peter' is the domain that install the QV server before,

Can I just change the AD directly?

Or How is the steps involved and anything is required to check before change the AD?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @CYS_yatsum,

Have a look at Qlik Support article Migrate QlikView Server to another domain for information how to perform this change.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

I suggest to be very careful with this kind of adjustments and ensuring that you have multiple working backups (all application + data + configuration) as well as system-images.

We had recently a change of the user-name - not the user itself nor the domain only the label. At first it seems to be working but after a few days it started to cause issues which become worse and more worse. IMO this measurement has cause an in-consist user-state and the only sensible solution was to reset the entire environment.

I'm not an expert in such admin-stuff and therefore I don't know which impact a domain-change may have but quite important is not to think only to active directory rights else also to the way how an user-authentication is triggered - from QlikView as well as from the OS itself because Windows is more as just the active directory.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @CYS_yatsum,

Have a look at Qlik Support article Migrate QlikView Server to another domain for information how to perform this change.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!