cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nathonlyoon
Contributor
Contributor

Need Help : Qlikview data export - Python

Hello everyone. I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject ... I need to export a table from qlikviewer (where there is already a "Send to Excel" button). Initially, I tried with Selenium, but arrived at the "second click" it does not find the text I need to filter. Searching on the net I discovered that for qlick services there are APIs, but I don't understand how to use them, as I enter qlik with credentials and on an address, I don't have the possibility to have qlick desktop. Can anyone help me with it?

Just to make you understand (I hope).

Using the command:

driver.find_element_by_xpath ("// div [@ id = '34 ']"). text

I find the text I click, but using:

driver.find_element_by_partial_link_text ()

I can't click in the same value

Georg schubert

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @nathonlyoon 

It seems you are attempting to export data from a chart programmatically instead of downloading the data from the Access Point? Is that correct?

Are you attempting to create a mashup or just export the data for reporting purposes ?

Our APIs documentation is here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/May2022/Content/QV_HelpSites/APIsAndSDKs.htm

If you could give further details about what you are trying to accomplish probably you will get more ideas, with the limited information about the goal is hard to suggest what might work best for the use case. 

Kind Regards. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm

View solution in original post

1 Reply
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @nathonlyoon 

It seems you are attempting to export data from a chart programmatically instead of downloading the data from the Access Point? Is that correct?

Are you attempting to create a mashup or just export the data for reporting purposes ?

Our APIs documentation is here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/May2022/Content/QV_HelpSites/APIsAndSDKs.htm

If you could give further details about what you are trying to accomplish probably you will get more ideas, with the limited information about the goal is hard to suggest what might work best for the use case. 

Kind Regards. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm