Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Any way to kill user session?

Hello,

Has anyone found a way to kill a user session on the QlikView server? I know you can't do it through QMC, but I wondered if anyone had found some utility or written something using APIs to kill a session for a specific user.

We're running into issues where users are getting out of reports by just closing the tab or the browser and leaving "stranded" sessions. They end up having a session on several servers to the same document and it's causing issues with using bookmarks. So far the only thing we've found to fix it is to just wait for their sessions to expire. It would be nice to manually kill/remove their sessions to get them up and running quicker.

Thanks for any feedback.

PS - we have 11.2 SR5

2 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

As far as I know, there's no way to terminate a single session. You would typically just restart the QVS if it becomes problematic enough. But this extension looks potentially useful: http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2853. I gather that you add the extension into documents and it ensures that closing the browser immediately kills the session.

Hope this helps,

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Vlad. I'll take a look at that.