Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

reload function not working

I'm using Macro to reload a small internal dashboard.

ACTIVEDOCUMENT.RELOAD

When we click on a button, it initiates the reload of table. Not sure why, its working fine when I use it frim QV desktop vesrion, but not working from accesspoint. any ideas?

9 Replies
jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Go to the macro editor and on the left side, there afre a couple of drop down boxes. Make sure you select System access

Not applicable
Author

http://community.qlik.com/thread/15988

related link with solutions

Not applicable
Author

it is still not working... have refered some EDX solution in the link above... having issues with that too

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Because it is not possible for a user to make a reload of a server document.

Not applicable
Author

@krishna_s - Henric is right. Your post says it is an internal dashboard. Pending on your security policies, a way around it could be to give users a shortcut to a .bat file to reload 'On Demand'. Let me know if you need a sample script that you can use for 'On Demand' reloads.

lmonincx
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Do you have an example for me for such a bat file ( on demand reload).

Many thanks!

Kind Regards,

Linda

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This is an old thread ... but if you search for QMSEDX.exe you can find a free Open Source utility here on the community site that can be used in a bat-file to invoke a reload on a remote QlikView Server or Publisher.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is also a QlikView document extension that allows you to do a reload on a server from a browser. It has been developed by Stefan Walther and you can find the extension on his qlikblog.at.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III