Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miranrai
Contributor III
Contributor III

qlikview log - log which has details about users & qlikview dashboards they have access to

Hi,

I am looking for qlikview server log files which has details about dashboard and users who has access to it. I know Governance Dashboard and other application are there which can help me to get those details. But i am specifically looking for log files. I have checked Session log files and .meta files but i think those have details about the users which actually accessed the dashboard and not all users who can access dashboard. Please help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

AFAIK there aren't any log-files for it. By using the DMS mode for the authentication these informations are kept within the meta-files (I'm not sure if they are exists within the NT mode, too but rather not) which are in a binary-format which couldn't read directly. The meta-files could be manually exported to xml-files within the shared-file viewer from the power tools which then could be read in a qvw.

By using the NT mode you could get these informations by reading the access rights within the active directory for your mounted folders.

To them you might need to consider access-restrictions within your used section access authorizations for which you would need to read these script-parts separately in a qvw.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

AFAIK there aren't any log-files for it. By using the DMS mode for the authentication these informations are kept within the meta-files (I'm not sure if they are exists within the NT mode, too but rather not) which are in a binary-format which couldn't read directly. The meta-files could be manually exported to xml-files within the shared-file viewer from the power tools which then could be read in a qvw.

By using the NT mode you could get these informations by reading the access rights within the active directory for your mounted folders.

To them you might need to consider access-restrictions within your used section access authorizations for which you would need to read these script-parts separately in a qvw.

- Marcus

miranrai
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Marcus..

miranrai
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Marcus,

So will be able to get details of Section Access Data security in shared files also?

marcus_sommer

No, section access data are only within the scripts but it's quite common to keep them external within any files or databases and load them into the qlik datamodel - and by this approach you would have the data already.

- Marcus

miranrai
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ok ..thank you.