Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qlik and openoffice

is it possible to use openoffice suite instead of office one, maintaining the same Qlik functionalities vs excel?

if yes, how?

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The Export to Excel functions will work with OO as long as the *.xls file association is mapped to scalc.exe.

Macro scripts that actually manipulate the Excel object (which you may have seen on this forum) will not work without modification. OO uses a different API than Excel.

Bottom line: Native QV Excel functions will work with OO, custom macro code may not.

-ROb

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The Export to Excel functions will work with OO as long as the *.xls file association is mapped to scalc.exe.

Macro scripts that actually manipulate the Excel object (which you may have seen on this forum) will not work without modification. OO uses a different API than Excel.

Bottom line: Native QV Excel functions will work with OO, custom macro code may not.

-ROb

fedcas
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

And the integration with powerpoint, is it possible also with Presentation?

fedcas

Sorry not Presentation but Impress

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Do you mean the drag and drop integration? I just tried it and it doesn't appear to work, but I didn't dig very deep. Perhaps someone else knows the answer.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

All,

I don't have the "official" answer, but I know that OpenOffice is not a Microsoft product, so it does not take advantage of the OCX and integration APIs that Microsoft products have with QlikView...I'm fairly certain the drag and drop capability will not work.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, to export by macro a table/pivot to an openoffice/libreoffice calc i have used the usual vb script:"obj.ExportBiff "C:\.."" that use the microsoft excel dll.

So to have the same dll i have tried to install microsoft ExcelViewer (that it's license free) and so the macro works perfectly. After you can also open the file.xls in a open calc program as usual..

Hope to help you