Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

open document keep selections

I have a number of tables, that are too big to link in one model. that can be linked by certain fields or refnos.

e.g i have 2 models M1 and M2, they can be linked by Field1.

i want to make some selections in M1, then open M2 and select only those values of field1 that are still available in M1.

make sense?

the invoke/initiator example in shareviews is similar to what i want but it will only open if 1 value is selected.

Thanks

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

anyone?

Not applicable
Author

In version 9 there is the Action 'Open Qlikview Document' which allows current selections to be 'passed' when the 'Transfer State' option is selected.

Regards,

Gordon

Not applicable
Author

Personally, I would first be dubious of the statement 'a number of tables that are too big to link in one model'.

I have models that link multiple massive tables together (millions + rows) without issue.

I would investigate memory optimization of the existing models before I would attempt to distribute across multiple models.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Ryan Fry wrote:
Personally, I would first be dubious of the statement 'a number of tables that are too big to link in one model'.

I have models that link multiple massive tables together (millions + rows) without issue.

I would investigate memory optimization of the existing models before I would attempt to distribute across multiple models. <div></div>

And if, after optimizing the memory consumption, it's still too big to link in one model, add more RAM. RAM is usually cheaper than developer time and user inconvenience.

We may be misinterpreting the situation, of course.