Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pradeep92
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

login issue on NAMED CAL

Hello team ,

I have a doubt on CAL. I installed QLIKVIEW in a server and in network path there are so many applications. When I try to open the application I  not able to open. REASON might be I am not added to QMC NAMED CAL FOR ACCESSING THAT SERVER. Now I brought out the issue resolved by one guy who gave me a server and asked to login by (FILE -> open in server) and followed by q.v.p//server .. it connected to the server. Then cancelled .. NOW I AM ABLE TO C ALL APPLICATIONS . How is it proceesing ? Kindly tel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

If 'Allow dynamic CAL dssignment' is enabled in QMC, while you connect using 'Open in Server', server allocates a Named CAL automatically.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
pradeep92
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi, 

It would be great if I could get a reply for understanding better ..

tresesco
MVP
MVP

I believe you are taking about opening qvw file and not accessing applications through access point. To open a qvw file which is not created by you, need a license. By the process 'Open in server..' you explained, you actually leased a license (by virtue of Named CAL) from the server, hence you could open the applications having a valid license. 

pradeep92
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Tresesco,

Yes.I am talking about opening QVW file not created by me. If I am not wrong, as far as I knew, to open a qvw file, we need to do license lease. For License lease, Our name has to be added to NAMED Cal in QMC. But In my scenario, When I try to open a file from server, I simply provide the server name and click connect. It got connected without adding my name in NAMED CAL. How is that possible ?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If 'Allow dynamic CAL dssignment' is enabled in QMC, while you connect using 'Open in Server', server allocates a Named CAL automatically.

pradeep92
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks a lot Tresesco ..