Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

locate a table name in several QVW files

Hello

I'm working on QV 11SR5

on the server we have a lot of QVW files that read from a store of QVD files and some share the same schema (binary loads)

we are facing a problem now that is sometimes a table on the data warehouse may change (remove / add columns; when columns are added filter condition may need to be added in the load statement)

is there a way to collect all documents in a dashboard so that if I filter on a table name (the one modified in data warehouse) be able to know in which qvw files it is used?

Regards,

I can walk on water when it freezes
5 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You should have a look at QlikView Governance Dashboard

Or you could make your own QlikView application that scan through all your QVDs and QVWs and retrieve the meta-data about the fields being used by opening each file as an XML-file. Both QVDs and QVWs have XML-headers that contain this kind of meta-data.

But you will save a lot of time and effort by using the Governance Dashboard.

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

the Governance Dashboard doesn't display the table names in each document

please help if this is possible

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You might be right. But the information about the connection between tables and their fields is present in the meta-data so it is kind of strange if Governance Dashboard doesn't allow you to display this information in any way.

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

I thin in the configuration of the dashboard I should add the folders where source documents are located; currently it is set to scan user documents

I'll update and let you know

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

well the QVDFieldName and QVDTableName are always grey whenever I select a source document from DocName list box!

any idea?