Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how do I keep a date axis constant on a graph when I make selections on other data?

Hi all,

I created a 'date island' which I used to link to the RIM created date returned from one part of my query.

This is fine, when I pick nothing but the Month. For example, if I choose October 2010, I can see on the x-axis, entries from 1st to 31st, whether there is relating data or not.

If I then pick a project reference from the list box, it only shows dates where there are values for that project.

How can I get the graph to constantly show all of a month, regardless of other selections?

does this make sense?

Regards,

Matt

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Life saver!

Thank you so much for this. Its just what I am looking for.

Regards,

Matt

View solution in original post

17 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Matt,

The "date island" has to be disconnected from the rest of you model and you must use a count(if) as an expression. This will give you what you are looking for although you have to be careful that the time to create the graph doesn't increase dramatically. If you begin to experience long creation times, you might want to experiment with the iterno() function to create a project transaction row for every date since a project's beginning regardless if there is activity o no.

Regards.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Following up on what Karl said, here's an example of filling in missing dates with iterno(), and then how to build a chart that displays 0 for those dates.

Not applicable
Author

Thats great, thank you so much, guys.

I have now come up against another problem.

as you can see from the attached QVW. I have created a chart (bar) that shows a stacked view of the breakdown of 'Status' for only 'change' type_codes

However, the legend shows values not associated with CHANGE (the red value of 'resolved') .

You can see this is removed when you physicially select 'CHANGE' from the list box along the top of the page.

Is there anyway I can have the graph not include this, but STILL include ALL months along the axis (have played with supress missing/zero etc - but it sacrifices the months)

thanks in advance,

Matt

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Matt,

In the dimension tab, change the STATUS_CODE dimension to something like this:

=if(MATCH(STATUS_CODE,'RESOLVED'),NULL(),STATUS_CODE)

The RESOLVED value than will be elminated from the graph.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Karl,

although that just replaces 'RESOLVED' in the legend with '-'

I want a way of removing it from the legend all together :-S

anyone have any other ideas?

Not applicable
Author

Tick the 'Suppress when value is null' checkbox

Not applicable
Author

d'oh!

its always the simple/easy things that get overlooked...

thanks for reminding me 😄

Not applicable
Author

Going back to my attachment.

Is there a way I can keep the date island independant, so that I get the full Jan - december on my x-axis all the time,

AS WELL as be able to pick a month and have that to filter my loaded data?

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Try to tick the "Show all values" option for the Month dimension in the Dimension tab.