Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how can I show an total which is in millions to thousands?

how can I show an total  which is in millions to thousands?
I mean , for example I have this amount $176,651,236 in a totalizer
but I need show just $176,651
how can I do that?

please help.

thanks a lot

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Roldancito

The other alternative is to set it up in the numbers tab in presentation. There are options for Million / thousand symbol etc. If you enter a value in these for your expression this will replace the 000 with a K or mil etc.

If you wish to use langaar9's method, remember to format the number using either the num() function or the numbers tab using a format pattern like '#,###' or setting it to an integer. This will remove any decimal points that may arise.

Regards,

Erica

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

My solution is not very sophisticated. However, simply dividing the sum in the expression by 1000 should give you the result you need. Just make sure you label it as being in thousands.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Roldancito

The other alternative is to set it up in the numbers tab in presentation. There are options for Million / thousand symbol etc. If you enter a value in these for your expression this will replace the 000 with a K or mil etc.

If you wish to use langaar9's method, remember to format the number using either the num() function or the numbers tab using a format pattern like '#,###' or setting it to an integer. This will remove any decimal points that may arise.

Regards,

Erica

Not applicable
Author

very kind Erica

best regards.