Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

help needed in selecting completed months for current year

Hi ,

In the attached application, when it opens it will check for the current year and completed month , so that it will select the completed months of current year in default. This will work fine for all the months for any future year except JAN. Because consider if the current calendar year month is 2012 Jan , then there will be no completed month for 2012, for this scenario when we open the applicaion it should select the previous year months( it should select all the months of previous year 2011).

Regards,

Gerard

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

8 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

all you need is to change the formula in the trigger of the yearkey

i all so add a monthyear field and used it in the month trigger check it also

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

When i open the application, it gives the completed month of currrent year as default selection. But when i select someother year, it should also show the month selected when it opened and not to show the completed months of that year.

Next how i can check the scenario works if the current calendar year month is Jan , for that it should show the previous year all month.

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

you can change the rule in the year trigger to

if (num(month(today()))=6

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In your application, when i open it, it is showing 2011 all months as selected item. But this should work only if the calendar current month is like jan. As of today , when i open the application , it should select 2012 jan to may.

The scenario should work as it is like it should show only the completed month of year and along with it we need to check, if the current calendar month is JAN , then it should show previous year all months

Regards,

Gerard

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

sorry but idont understand what you want

in the attched application when you open it it select 2012  and jan to may

if you change the trigger in the yearkey filed to simulte jan by changing the expression to

=

if(num(month(today()))=6,Year(Today())-1,Year(Today()))

it will select 2011 and all the months in the year

it just what you described

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have attached a sample application, It opens with default selection of completed months of current year(2012- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May). Functionality is working properly, but in the current selection box , it displays the month in alphabetic order(Apr, Feb, Jan, Mar, May). How can i fix this? Please provide a solution.

Regards,

Gerard

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

check attach

Not applicable
Author

Thanks.. Perfect...

Select possible trigger is working .

Thanks,

Gerard