Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

free form selection

When you make a selection by dragging the mouse on an area, it looks to me that you are only restricted to selecting a rectangular shape selection.

Can you select with a free-form region? Or if there is a way to select triangular region. For example, I want to select points where the absolute difference between Yvalue and Xvalue is within some tolerance. I can do this by creating an expression in a listbox

if( fabs(Yvalue - Xvalue) <= $(tol), 'within $(tol)', 'outside $(tol) )

But I'm hoping I can do this by clicking the mouse making a polygon shape. Any comments?

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I'm pretty sure you can't drag a selection like that. When you are dragging, you're not making a rectangle (polygon), but rather just making two endpoints. QlikView then turns that into a rectangle by using the two points as the top left and bottom right corners of the rectangle respectively.

I think the only way to make non-adjacent selections is by holding Ctrl and clicking each value.

Not applicable
Author

That is what I thought too. So an enhancement could be a mode where I can specify multiple points to make up a polygon region.