Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marcushenriquesk

drill down from field.autocalender.date to hour(Field) to minute(field)

I am trying to make a master item that uses the drill down feature for a graph where if a user selects a date range that is greater than a day the dimension of a graph that is using date will show days of the month, and if they select a single day they see the hours of that day in the am/pm format and if they select specific hours of that day it will show the minutes between those hours. I have tried making the drill down hierarchy as follows however when i tried it, it did not work:

1. Recieved_date_time.autocalender.Date

2. Hour(received_date_time.Autocalender.Date)

3.minute(Hour(received_date_time.Autocalender.Date))

any ideas on how to properly format the drill down master item?

2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

I don't think you can drill down from hours to minutes as a concept. Every hour has the same sixty minute values, so there is no drill down relationship. You could try drilling down from a full timestamp that is rounded off to the nearest hour to one that is rounded off to the nearest minute, though, e.g. 13:00 might be able to drill down to 13:00, 13:01, etc.

Marcushenriquesk
Author

okay how would that be done using the received_date_time field. that is also predefined with autocalender. The anayltics are being done on lab results. sometimes they want to see a broad picture for samples that we make receive over an extended period of time for administrative actions, and sometimes a picture of the samples within the hour to keep track for laboratory operations.