Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david_ze
Partner - Contributor III

connecting via ODBC to MS Access in 64bit machine

hi all,

I'd like to connect to MS Access DB via ODBC in 64bit machine.
Can you advise me on how to create the ODBC connection as I don't see the driver when I'm opening the ODBC administration tool for 64bit (in QV).

Thanks,
David

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

David,

unfortunately, Microsoft never released a 64-bit ODBC driver for MS Access... QlikView's solution, implemented in QV ver. 10, is to manually force 32-bit connection, even within 64-bit envirnoments. If you are using ver. 10, check the checkbox "Force 32-bit" next to the "ODBC" drop-down, and then click on "Connect". You will be able to configure and specify a 32-bit ODBC data source for your MS Access database.

If you are using an earlier version of QlikView, then the only solution (that I know) is to use 32-bit QlikView for the MS Access data load portion.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

David,

unfortunately, Microsoft never released a 64-bit ODBC driver for MS Access... QlikView's solution, implemented in QV ver. 10, is to manually force 32-bit connection, even within 64-bit envirnoments. If you are using ver. 10, check the checkbox "Force 32-bit" next to the "ODBC" drop-down, and then click on "Connect". You will be able to configure and specify a 32-bit ODBC data source for your MS Access database.

If you are using an earlier version of QlikView, then the only solution (that I know) is to use 32-bit QlikView for the MS Access data load portion.

david_ze
Author

Thank Oleg for your help - that's works fine.
David