Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What is the difference between a custom object and an extension and how to integrate them?

What is the difference between a custom object and an extension and how to integrate them?

7 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

A custom object is an OCX object that can run in QlikView Desktop or in QlikView Plug-In for IE. But it cannot run in the Ajax client.

An extension object is an object created with web technology (e.g. Java Script+HTML) that can run in the Ajax client. But it cannot run in QlikView Desktop unless you enable web view.

HIC

Not applicable
Author

How do one integrate a custom object into QV? Is there a interface or do we have to develop it on our own?

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Custom objects have not been developed further for a couple of versions. Mainly since they aren't web compatible. So at Qlik, we regard this functionality as old and outdated. We recommend extension objects instead.

If you still want to learn more about custom objects, I suggest this: QlikView Custom Object Example - Version 10

HIC

Not applicable
Author

The content is unfortunately restricted. Do I need external help for these custom objects or are they also easy to integrate?

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

With some development knowledge, you should be able to do it yourself. See also the attachment, which is an old - but still valid - description.

HIC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi hic

I'm looking for the article you mentioned in your post but I don't seem to have access to it.

For one of our partners I'm looking for a few sample OCX replacement controls sample code.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Bas van Reeuwijk

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

It's the same document as the one I have attached above.

HIC