Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Want to show an image when mousing over a row in a table in Webview

Hi -

We built a Qlikview report (mostly used in Webview) that has a table with many rows. When mousing over a value in a row (it could be a small icon, a link, etc., - we're flexible) we'd like to pop an image somehow.

The behavior I'm looking for seems most suitable to a Chrome or Firefox extension - here's an animated gif of how one of those extensions works on real websites.  I could go that route (with a fair amount of difficulty, probably), but was also curious if QV Extensions could work - I only have a cursory level of knowledge about them.

Thoughts on an approach?

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't think it is easy to pop the image out on mouse over, with Qlikview Standard Objects.

If you are ok with clicking a value (thus selecting it) in the table you could create a Textbox, with an image inside (link to a image server), and pop it up when the value you selected has only one value.

Check the presidents.qvw example on your qlikview installation. The "photo" sheet, shows a table with a photo in the last row, and you can see a bigger picture when you select a president. It is not however, a mouse-ouver.

Good luck,

MC

Not applicable
Author

That solution might work.  Thanks!