Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Use Table from Script in Graph

I have a script that cretaes 4 tables, top 10 Customers by Week/Month/Quarter/Year.  All 4 talbes have the same columns except the time column, just difrent sets of data.

The script also pulls back a table of full detail.

When I go to create the graph Qlick view is using the customer names from the full detail table, not the top 10 from the Week table.  How do I get the graph to use the correct table?

Jim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There is a number of ways... The easiest is to sort your Straight table by the descending value and to limit the number of dimension values to only 10 - this is done on the "Presentation" tab.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Jim,

QlikView charts don't operate with tables. Instead, they operate with fields and field associations. If the same Customer field is used in multiple tables, QlikView will use the field and the any associated data from those tables.

In your example, if you use your "Weekly Top 10" field in any of your expressions (for example, sum of Weekly top 10 Sales, etc...), QlikView will only show those Customers that have any corresponding values.

On the other side, let me ask you why did you feel the need in pre-calculating the top 10 weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly? QlikView could calculate those things on the fly, eliminating the need in multiple tables in the first place... Granted, those expressions are a bit more complex, but this is the more appropriate way of calculating "top 10" in QlikView

cheers,

Oleg

Not applicable
Author

I am starting to see the value in letting qlikview deal with this.  I have set up a chart using the full data set, and using filters I am drilling down to the year/quarter/month/week level data.  My question is how do I make qlikView only show me the top 10 customers from all the data?

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There is a number of ways... The easiest is to sort your Straight table by the descending value and to limit the number of dimension values to only 10 - this is done on the "Presentation" tab.

Not applicable
Author

That is exactly what I did.