Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Urgent: Best Approach for ingesting 1 billion records from csv in qlikview

Hi,

We are dealing with 1 billions row of data in csv and facing performance issues due to huge size. Resulting qvw file is of 3 GB and memory utilization of server reaches to 50 GB while ingesting data and loading scripts which takes more than 1 hour to complete.

What best practices we can apply to improve performance

regards

Anubhav

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

I suggest to store the data within one or in several qvd-files and the use of incremental load-approaches. Within the last two link-blocks here: Advanced topics for creating a qlik datamodel you will find various useful links to incremental loads and optimizing loads with exists().

Further you should consider if you really need all fields from the csv (you won't need fields like table-id's from a database) and if you could split high cardinality fields like timestamps (into a date- and time-field).

- Marcus

Gysbert_Wassenaar

First and foremost, do not load data you won't be using anyway. Don't load fields you won't use and don't load records you won't use. Next, load the data once, store it in a qvd data file and from then on use the qvd data file as data source for further processing if necessary or as data source for the final qlikview dashboards.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
ramasaisaksoft

Hi Anubhav,

Here we need to follow QV Optimization Techniques .

script level:

1)drop temp tables

2)use mapping if possible

3)try to avoid join

ui level:

1)write conditions instead of chart in script level it self

2)observe the memory consumption of charts to populate

...etc

ioannagr
Creator III
Creator III

hi @Gysbert_Wassenaar @marcus_sommer , I loaded once my 1 billion lines table, by partitioning the script in years and then concatenating. After this, i want to implement incremental load, but with a hard delete, and the last step is an inner join with the primary key of the initital billion line table.... How to handle this?!?!

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Please create a separate topic for this question.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand