Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swati_rastogi27
Creator
Creator

Upload/Download file

Hi all,

Is there an option to add a buttont o upload/download a file to a QVW?

The users require to do so from Accesspoint for some validations.

4 Replies
swati_rastogi27
Creator
Creator
Author

Any ideas , anyone?

jcoggon
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Swati,

There is no option to upload a document from the AccessPoint, but you can give shared folder access to certain users to copy their QVW's to it.

As for the download, this can be enabled in the QMC, while on the User Documents -> Server -> Availability tab just enable the "Download" option and choose who can download the app. Also make sure under the Systems -> QlikView Servers -> Documents tab that "Allow Document Download" is also enabled (dont forget to click apply).

Kind Regards

Jason

swati_rastogi27
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

I need a button in my application which, my users can click to upload an excel file to the application.

The application will then do some calculations based on values present in the uploaded file, and then generate another excel file which can be downloaded.

A functionality is needed to upload/download file from within an application.

jcoggon

Hi,

There is no standard functionality like that in QV to upload a file but you could use a 3rd party product from Home - KTLabs

They have a component called KliqPlan that allows you to Smart Paste values from Excel into an Extension Object in the QV app, have the app auto reload after submitting and then download a newly calculated table in QV to Excel.