cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt2
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to open document (recent issue)

I have inherited some QV reports, most of which seemed to be running succesfully under QMC

I made some changes to an  module / macro linked to one document (not sure if related), now I can't open it anymore...

Get a generic  "Failed to open document" message when trying to open the QVW file.

When i try to reload it via QMC, I get the  QDSMain.Exceptions.FailedDocumentCheckoutException error.

Most of the posts I have seen on this topic say 'enable logging' so we can see what's happening, however I am unable to see how to do this without opening the document.

There is a <<document>>.log file in the same folder as the document, but it has no new log data since a couple days ago.

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Matt2
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Renaming the .shared file seems to have given me access. What is the shared file? I dunno.
Matt2
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Scratch that. Data seemed to be old.  Trying to get an older backup of both files now. Will update

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Here is a link to help on Shared Files related to the cleaning tool.  The Shared/Tshared files basically hold the Session Recovery bookmarks and other user server objects, bookmarks, reports and user charts etc. they may create.  There is also one other file, the meta file, and that contains info regarding the Category you have assigned to the app or any other 'tag' related info you configured in the document task in Publisher etc. and it also maintains the authorization list if you are running QVS in DMS security mode, just FYI.  

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

Here is another link that covers things a bit better:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
vasilev
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Matt,

I have the same problem as you described. There are some apps I have affected. Did you find a solution of this issue?

BR,

Rumen