Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ToolTip issue

Hi,

I want to show a tool tip to the user. But the column is too long. So i want to shorten the column header. But on the tool tip i want to show all the name of the column.

Ex: My column name is Opening Head-Count for the selected Period, which is too long to be used in the column header. I just want to display O-HC. If i place the cursor on the column i should be able to see the full column name.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Srihari

4 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

On a static report you may create a textbox overlying the column-name, use any text you like, make it transparent and enter your desired text in the "help text". This text then will only show, when you hover with the mouse. This does not work, if the user move your table or re-arranges the columns etc.

Alternatively give the column the abbbreviation, followed by you explanation. In the display you then would see "O-HC ....", when you hover over with the mouse you will see the full name.

HTH
Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply. I am using only a static report.

The first option will be fine. I have used a text box and make it transparent. I am not able to use the hover mouse functionalty.

Please guide me through this. I have attached a sample file . Revert on this.

Have a nice day. 🙂

Thanks,

Srihari

prieper
Master II
Master II

Dear Sihari,

please find example attached - for clarity have still borders active and the background is not fully transparent.

HTH
Peter

Not applicable
Author

Actually i had a problem using the Layer option.

Thanks Peter for getting me through.

Have a nice day 🙂

Thanks,

Srihari