Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Sort Issue

Hello.

I have a request to create a chart that compares a single company to all companies (standard request).

The issue I am having is that I can't get the chart sorted using a Price Summary value when a selected company does not have any values in one of the ranges.

In the attached example, if Comp1 is selected, the chart sorts correctly by Price Summary - LE 100, 101 - 200, 201 - 300, etc.

If Comp2 is selected, the chart sort by Price Summary is incorrect - 301 - 400, LE 100, 101 - 200, etc.  The Price Summary '301 - 400' does not exist for Comp2, however, there is a value in this range for All Companies.

Any ideas how I can get the Price Summary to always sort in ascending order, even if the selected dimension does not have a value in a specific range?

I am using QV10 SR2.

Thanks,

John.

4 Replies
mikecrengland
Creator III
Creator III

If I understand correctly, I think you need to change =[Price Range Factor]  to =[Price Summary] on your sort expression.

mike

Not applicable

Hi

Mike is correct, however a simpler method, unless I'm oversimplifying your model,  would be to simply sort by the Y-value.

I hope this helps.

Steve

john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Mike.

Thanks for the reply.

Using Price Summary will work if the data loaded in the correct order.  The production data I am dealing with is not sorted in the order that I would need it for this particular chart.  In production, there are numerous charts using different fields from the same table as dimesions.  Sorting on one field would only resolve the issue on one of the charts.

I have attached a new version of the test application to simulate more of my production scenario.  The data is not sorted correctly and the charts are performing a sum (as opposed to count).

Thanks,

John.

john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Steve.

Thanks for the reply.

I cannot sort by the Y value as the user wants the axis to always display in the same order, regardless of the Y value.

Please see my reply to Mike regarding the use of Price Summary to sort.

John.