Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show Values for Total and for Selection

I hope someone can provde some guidance. I am develping an application in whihc the user can select a branch (or more) and a series of comm,on charts are creted. This is pretty standard stuff and typicl in qview. In addition the charts have a dimension of type of customers and we show the measures for each type) - attaching  sample chart

The client also wants me to show the same measures for the entire set of customers - not only those that have to do with that branch - so in my chart I would likely show values on the axis (and no bars) for all the customers (these are in fact what thebars would show if I had not selected any branch)

The question is that I do not seem to know if I can calculate the figures for all the data records overriding the selection, and how to do it

the percentages shown are calculated using sum(hh) / sum(total<hh> hh) (HH is a dummy variable that has 1 for every row), thereare likely other ways but this is the one I used this time

the 2 dimensions I show are defined as follows, the distance to branch is a set of nested if statements that convert a continuous variable to the ranges I show, the type of customer is data I load, each HH on the main table i slinked to one or more rowsa that shows the branches it touches with how they touch it

that table looks like

HHID     Branch    Type

xxxxx    00017      001

(I also have a aux table that converts vlue slike 001, 010, etcd to the names you see)

so when I select a branch in a selction box it take sonly those HHs that touch that branch and

Thanks

3 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

Just two words can help you: set analysis (look at help).

For example to calculate the sum discarding all selctions you could use Sum({1} Value).

Not applicable
Author

will look into that. Much appreciated

Not applicable
Author

will look into that. Much appreciated