cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhelms
Creator
Creator

Share Bookmarks Through Button Click

I have been looking for a while but haven't come up with a solution for this yet. I am looking for a way to create a bookmark when the user clicks a button that will automatically be shared on the server. For this particular application, i don't want our users to have to create a bookmark the standard way. Is this possible to do?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Hi, Brian. If I understand your question correctly, the API you want is ActiveDocument.CreateUserBookmark. This should create a server-side bookmark when the user clicks the button. You can even specify the bookmark name, or set this dynamically using a variable and then read in the variable in the macro. All sorts of possibilities.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

5 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Hi, Brian. If I understand your question correctly, the API you want is ActiveDocument.CreateUserBookmark. This should create a server-side bookmark when the user clicks the button. You can even specify the bookmark name, or set this dynamically using a variable and then read in the variable in the macro. All sorts of possibilities.

Hope this helps,

bhelms
Creator
Creator
Author

Vlad,

Once again you help me out. Thanks, Follow up questions is, Can this be set to be a shared Bookmark automatically? I do not see that in the API guide.

Thanks Again

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Hi, Brian. No problem, glad to help. I don't think it would be a shared bookmark, and I personally don't know of any way to automate this via API unfortunately.

Regards,

Not applicable

Hi,

It would be very nice if we can define the shared propreties of a bookmark via the API. Have you find a work around ?

Thanks

Not applicable

does no one  now how I can do a shared server bookmark in the access point???? I am looking for a solution for a while now and it is quiet urgent to get this done so please help.

regards,

MT