Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis to find minimum month of the minimum year and minimum year of each application.

Set Analysis to find minimum month of the minimum year and minimum year of each application.

In straight table, I'm displaying the columns ApplicationName, InitialValue, CurrentValue.

InitialValue= sum(minimum month of minimum year (Month) and minimum year (Year), Value).

My attempt is

Sum({<Data_Year={$(=Min(Data_Year))}, Data_Month={$(=Min(Data_Month))}>}Value)

CurrentValue= sum(maximum month of maximum year (Month) and maximum year (Year), Value).

My attempt is

sum({<Data_Year={$(=Max(Data_Year))}, Data_Month={$(=Max(Data_Month))}>}Value)

It is showing always min or max of the Year/Month.

I want to show Min(Month of Year ) and Max(Month of Year).

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Sum({<Data_Year={$(=Min(Data_Year))}, Data_Month={$(=Min({<Data_Year={$(=Min(Data_Year))}>}Data_Month))}>}Value)

Sum({<Data_Year={$(=Max(Data_Year))}, Data_Month={$(=Max({<Data_Year={$(=Max(Data_Year))}>}Data_Month))}>}Value)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Sum({<Data_Year={$(=Min(Data_Year))}, Data_Month={$(=Min({<Data_Year={$(=Min(Data_Year))}>}Data_Month))}>}Value)

Sum({<Data_Year={$(=Max(Data_Year))}, Data_Month={$(=Max({<Data_Year={$(=Max(Data_Year))}>}Data_Month))}>}Value)

Not applicable
Author

Great! Wow!

I need one more help here, It is showing result only when doing some selection.

I want it to show in straight table without doing any selection.

How can we get this in straight table using if condition ?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you want to use month as a dimension then you can't use only set analysis. The set is calculated per chart, not per row. Read this document: Calculating rolling n-period totals, averages or other aggregations