Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Send to Excel doesn't work

Hi,

I am having a problem with the function "Send to Excel" from an object in QV Desktop. After clicking "send to Excel" MS Notes is opening in .csv format instead of Excel. How can I export to Excel again (this was working all the time before)?

My user preferences for Export are:

UserPref.Export.png

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi kevin,

Maybe a stupid question, but did you check whether excel has been set to default?

There wasn’t a ‘real’ solution to this problem, it just disappeared after a sometime.

Maybe you can download and install Open Office (Calc) <<is like excel, and set it up as default and see what happens. If Qlikview sends it data to Calc, then change the settings back to Excel.

Good Luck!

Cheers,

iSam

Not applicable
Author

How many records are you trying to export?

More than 65,536 records, will be exported as a .csv, because .xls (Excel 2003 format) can only handle 65,536 records.

peterwh
Creator II
Creator II

Hello,

the number of records is 65499 where Qlikview is using .xls. If its 65500 and higher its .csv. I know these figures, cause I tested it, filed a bug report and QlikTech-Support told me, that this is a hardcoded number, even if you use Excel2010. They don't use 65536, because they use this 37 lines for other things.

Just my 2 cents

Peter

marco_81
Contributor III
Contributor III

We have the same Problem with the Ajax Client...

In the QV Desktop Edition and with the Internet Explorer Plugin the XLS Export is working fine with over 65xxx records, only the Ajax Client will open a new Browser Tab with the extension .csv... the Problem is that excel did not opend!

... did anyone find a solution for this Problem?! -Because we have some users with Mac and they only can use the Ajax Client and they have to export over 65.xxx records.