Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selected records change after print

I have noticed that after I print a chart that it changes the records that were selected. I think it has to do with the fact that my selection uses a 'Select Excluded'. I also noticed that 'Window Title' doesn't print as part of the chart. Is there a way to change that?

4 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Chad,

You can probably write a macro that saves current user selections, prints, then reselects the user selections. I don't know of a way to include the chart caption, but you can just put a text object in your report tnat will show the caption text and place it above the chart.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

That's a good idea. Let me try it out. So is the fact that the selection changes after a print by design or is it a bug?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Not sure. Is it happening in all clients (IE Plugin, AJAX)? What version/SR are you on?

Not applicable
Author

I've just found some helpful detail regarding printing the window title in a similar thread.

It doesn't appear possible to include the window title when printing an object. But, you can still give each object a heading title or a header/footer through the object properties > general tab > Print Settings.  It's not perfect and it should be much simpler to achieve.

Would be a nice enhancement in v11 as the alternative is to create a report or write a macro, both of which take time.