cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Section Access Issue

Hi

I used section access in a document and published it in the server.  I was able to access it over the browser by using the userid and password.  Now, even after removing section access from the document, when I try and access through the browser, it is still asking me to enter the user id and password.  But the user id and password doesnt work. I cleared all the cache from internet options.

Can someone help me out?

Cheers!

Balaji Ramakrishnan

8 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

If you have publisher then may be you need to delete distributed copy, from end user folder (user Documents).

Then reschedule from source document.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq

No.  We dont have a publisher.  Its published through the qlikview small business edition server.

Cheers!

Balaji Ramakrishnan

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

In this case.

Can you give it a second chance by deleting .shared files and by restarting QlikView services.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Did you reload the document after making the changes in the Section Access part?

If I am correct it needs to reload to save these settings.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq

Tried everything.  No luck.  Still am getting the section access popup.  But, when I open it in my client, its opening perfrectly without any issues.

Cheers!

Balaji Ramakrishnan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dennis

Yes.  I did reload the document and saved the settings.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

do you have any password specified here in distribution service.

If so please remove it.

Regards

ASHFAQ

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi Balaji,

Better to remove old file form the server  and reload the task again or second option better to create a new task for the report which is without section access and try to check if it is working fine with authentication  or not.

Thanks,

AS