Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SSIS and QlikView

Hi everyone, I hope you are fine.

I should realize a BI project using SSIS as an ETL and QlikView. (btw It is the first time I will discover QlikView)

the problem is that I dont know how to transite from SSIS to QlikView, because as we know with SQL server you have to create the Datawarehouse (the dimension and fact tables). So what is the steps should I follow in order to use SSIS and QlikView.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

There is no harm in using SSAS for that , but a simple alternative ,you could use a script like this one :

Create and Populate Date Dimension for Data Warehouse - CodeProject

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Create the datawarehouse with SSIS as usual (the dimension and fact tables). Then load the data into the Qlikview documents using Qlikview and create the charts and other user interface objects. Finally deploy the Qlikview documents on the Qlikview Access Point.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much Gysbert I have one more question please, how about the dimension TIME? should I create it also in my datawarehouse using SSAS or should I use QlikView?

Not applicable
Author

I would suggest to go for a time dimension in datawarehouse. (You dont need SSAS for that).

Not applicable
Author

I think I need to use SSAS for the TIME dimension, I saw too many tutorials in youtube they all use SSAS to create the TIME dimension so i am a little bit confuse about that

Not applicable
Author

There is no harm in using SSAS for that , but a simple alternative ,you could use a script like this one :

Create and Populate Date Dimension for Data Warehouse - CodeProject

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I agree with Bineesh Thomas. Create the time dimension in the datawarehouse. You don't even need SSIS, but can use a t-sql script. See this article: http://microsoft-ssis.blogspot.nl/2011/01/create-and-fill-time-dimension.html

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

merci beaucoup