Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Running QV Macro from QV Server?

I have a problem that require me to create a number of Chart expressions after the data load.

I've created a Macro that runs after the OnPostReload trigger, and it works fine if I do the reload from inside QV desktop.

When put into a task on QV server however it doesn't run.

After googling I found a few threads here on the forum that clarifies that the OnPostReload trigger doesn't fire when run from the server, and that this is "by design".

Can anyone explain why this shouldn't work? It seems like a very useful feature to me.

Back to my problem:

I eventually found information that said I could instead create a .cmd file with a line to run qv.exe from the command line with specific parameters. I could then add this .cmd file to QV server as an "External program", and add it as a Task. I would also have to change the macro to run from the "OnOpen" trigger instead, which I did.

Now I have a .cmd file that works as expected when I run it from a command window. It opens qlikview, runs the macro which creates the expressions and then save the resulting QV document to the "Documents" folder on the QV server.

If I run it as a task from within QV enterprise manager however it appears to start (I can see a qv.exe process is started in task manager), but it never finishes.

Does anyone have an idea what can be wrong?

Can it be a license problem? In task manager QV runs under the administrator account.  When I added the license to QV desktop it asks for a Windows User, and I wrote "Administrator" in the field. I this correct?

Thanks for any input.

/Joakim

0 Replies