Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cgT
Contributor III
Contributor III

Reports Greyed Out from Drop Down

Hello,

I'm trying to select my reports but am unable to. As far as I'm aware nothing has changed since I was able to pull them last week.

The attached image shows the issue. I've erased all sensitive data including tables.

Can someone help please?

Thank you

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cgT
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sadly that hasn't worked either. The objects aren't reporting warning icons or anything unusual. Access/visibility conditions are set as usual, so no change there.

I have been able to track down a security setting linked to the desktop app, that, when checked, seems  to solve the problem. However, another user who has always had full access to the drop down doesn't have this checked.

So for now, we'll have to see what happens and whether or not the problem will occur again.

Thanks for your help though.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

Your statement is a bit unclear:

" ... nothing has changed since I was able to pull them last week ... I've erased all sensitive data including tables ..."

If nothing has changed everything should be working like before but if any data/objects were removed they might be relevant for the reports. If you goes into the report-editor you could look within the reports which object-id's are there and then looking for them within the sheets if they further exists and working like expected.

cgT
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Marcus, thanks for getting back to me.

Apologies if it's unclear. The statement "Nothing has changed" means that one day I logged onto and was able to select and print reports, the next day I was not. That is to say that nothing has changed in terms of the environment or my access to it. The "I've erased all tables..." is to flag that I do typically have visualisations on the sheet but they have sensitive data on, so I have removed them.

No objects have been removed or changed, everything was as it was when I selected the reports the day before.

Thank you for the suggestion though.

marcus_sommer

What happens if you goes to the report-editor and accessed the reports there? Possible or not? If - are there any valid (if I remember correctly missing object get a warning icon) objects?

Beside this are there any access- and/or visibility-conditions included to data/sheets/objects/reports by expressions/variables and/or section access?

cgT
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sadly that hasn't worked either. The objects aren't reporting warning icons or anything unusual. Access/visibility conditions are set as usual, so no change there.

I have been able to track down a security setting linked to the desktop app, that, when checked, seems  to solve the problem. However, another user who has always had full access to the drop down doesn't have this checked.

So for now, we'll have to see what happens and whether or not the problem will occur again.

Thanks for your help though.

marcus_sommer

Please share which security setting has caused the visibility/accessibility issue?