Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

RE:Current Date

hi all,

I have small Doubt on some scenario.  just wanted to know how to get the solution?

I have fileds like

year     month            day           

2013  jan,feb....dec    1.......30

2014  jan,feb....dec     1...30

2015  jan,feb....dec     1....30

2016  jan, feb..1...30

and  there is one  "Button"

i hvae filters lik abve.

REQ:  if select   that button  i want to disply the current  date  means     2016-feb-5.   and that selections shud be reflect in that filter.

how can get this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Your data does not contain a record for today. It's not possible to select a nonexisting value.

To use a button to select a date value you add a Select in Field action to the button on the Actions tab. Choose the Date field as target field and =today() as search string. Or =makedate(2009,5,5) to select a value that actually exists in your data.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Uhm... what?

Can you explain what you're trying to do and what you expect as a result. Please post a small qlikview document that illustrates the problem.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi gysbert,

PFA

in that  if i select button...  that filters disply the current date.  means  in month filter current mnth  and year filter year and  day filter day need to show.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Your data does not contain a record for today. It's not possible to select a nonexisting value.

To use a button to select a date value you add a Select in Field action to the button on the Actions tab. Choose the Date field as target field and =today() as search string. Or =makedate(2009,5,5) to select a value that actually exists in your data.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

thnx gysbert.... i need the latest date irrespective of  current date.

just want tto knw  how can i get thats it..

got the solution  thnx