Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview broswer plugin for IE 8.0

Hi,

My client is using IE 8.0.6001 on MS windows XP professional (version 5.1.2006 SP3) and are interested to rollout Qlikview plugin for IE 8.

Can you point me to documentation that can help me assess if the plugins can support 32 bit and 64 bit architecture? Also I need to confirm the version of plugin that we will need to rollout?

Kind regards,

S

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Sumant,

Which version of QlikView is he running? QlikView 10 and Windows XP (even on current QlikView 11.20) are no longer supported.

But in the download page, the QlikView IE Plugin can be downloaded for both 32 bits and 64 bits.

The version you need is the one running the browser in your customer (by default 32 bits one, but anyway).

Miguel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Windows XP not supported.

It works but isn't recommended.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

That's why I said 🙂

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your response Miguel! We are using Qlikview 10.

Are we saying the IE 8 plugin for Qlikview is not supported on Windows XP? This will be a support risk for us. Are there any workaround available like using a different non IE browser which will help improve the performance?

Also, can you clarify what we mean by "The version you need is the one running the browser in your customer (by default 32 bits one, but anyway)."

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Sumant,

In regards to QlikView 10 end of support was November 2014, as you can see in the official announcement here: http://community.qlik.com/blogs/supportupdates/2013/08/02/qlikview-10-end-of-support-period-extended and http://community.qlik.com/blogs/supportupdates/2014/12/08/qlikview-version-10-is-no-longer-supported

So any of the components of QlikView 10 (Server, Plugin, Desktop, Publisher) is no longer supported.

QlikView IE Plugin 11.20 SR10 (current one) is available for IE8 and supported.

In regards to architecture: in a 64 bit computer you can run any program in 32 bits version or 64 bit version if they allow that. IE does allow using its 32 bit version in a 64 bit computer. You can easily identify those in the Windows Task Manager they are marked with a "*32". Therefore you need to install the version of Plugin that matches the architecture of the browser they will be using.

Miguel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The problem is not the 32 or 64 bits version.

The main problem is Windows XP.