Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Today() function/system clock wrong?

Hi all,

I'm getting an error which I'm sure is user provoked and simple to fix. That being said, it's still pretty strange - I'm testing a calculation for the number of years/days until I reach a specific date using the Today() function. On my machine, today is 6/19, but the Today() function is returning 6/17. Any reason why this would be the case?

Capture.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I bet you work on a server.

You did not close QlikView since 6/17, that's why. Today() reports QlikView open date, not system date.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hmm that "Today" column is simply an expression with the function: Today() in it (I added this for debugging to see what it would output). The place where I actually plan on doing the difference calculation is in the load script (which I currently do), but from what I've been testing, it doesn't matter if I use the loaded field or calculate the difference in an expression; it's always off by 2 days.

-Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Paul,

See if it is different if use today(1) or today(2).

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

I bet you work on a server.

You did not close QlikView since 6/17, that's why. Today() reports QlikView open date, not system date.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's why I asked to try different modes :-).  Here it is:

Returns the current date from the system clock. The timer_mode may have the following values:

0 Date at script run
1 Date at function call
2 Date when the document
was opened  

Default timer_mode is 2. The timer_mode = 1 should be used with caution, since it polls
the operating system every second and hence could slow down the system.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks guys! Yes - I do work on a server. I was unsure of how the Today() function was calculated - and now I know! This is helpful for future reference.

Cheers,

Paul