Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkhylla_trei
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview QVWS WebServer is down

Hello, everybody,

I have a problem.

Our Qlikview system was moved from one service provider to another. We migrated the databases and install the application. However, we have a problem that the web server is not available.

Locally on the server I can work with the tool. But not from my client I cannot reach the web server. The firewall rules should be alright.

Is port 8080 required?
According to the manual...... no

Provider Networt --> 10.146.21.x (Qlikview Server)

Our Network --> 10.224.80.x --> NAT Adress 10.56.74.10

Do you have any ideas?

qlik1.PNGqlik2.PNGqlik 6.PNGqlik3.PNGqlik4.PNGqlik5.PNGports.PNGport2.PNGports3.PNG

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, maybe the logs gives some hints on what's happeninf, they are localted in %ProgramData%\QlikTech\, there is a folder for webserver and another for qlikviewserver, also windows events can give hints of what error is being generated.

Cmd command netstat -nao can show ports in use, maybe there is a conflict with another service

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Ruben was on the right track, but you likely want to check the ManagementSerivce\Logs folder under ProgramData\QlikTech in this case, as that the QMS is what is not able to commuicate with the QVWS services, and that communication is going to be over TCP 4750, so if the QVWS is on a different server, be sure the port is open inbound on that server from the server running the QMS service.  

The actual web TCP port you need opened depends upon what port you want to use to get to the Accesspoint, and I saw your screenshot of the AccessPoint page, but I just realized that was from the server itself...  The most likely thing would be a DNS related issue of some sort I believe, you could try the IP address instead of the server name to see if that works, as if it does, then that does confirm something in DNS is sideways somewhere.  I did just see you are doing localhost on the server, try using the same URL on the server you are using from a client, I am betting that will fail too.  You should NOT have the service URLs set to localhost, those should be the servername, and DNS should be configured properly to resolve the servername to the IP etc...  You could also use a DNS alias...  About the best I can offer for the moment.

Oh, given you did see an app in the AccessPoint, that tells me the QMS was able to reach it at some point to configure the Config.xml file to tell it how to get to the QVS service, otherwise you would be getting a No Server message in the AccessPoint, so pretty sure your issues here are DNS/network related.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.