Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Server Development environment

Hello everybody,

I need some help with best practices for my QlikView Evironment.

Some background:

I am currently developing one application, I have a Qlikview server with a publisher installed on a virtual machine where all the QVD/QVWs reside along with all my source data and external scripts.

The QVWs are placed in a development and production folders where the production is the one my users have access to and develop is the ones I edit, atop of that i have some macros I need to run every night which do some DB insertion and such.

Since the current way to run macros overnight is using a batch file, meaning the user running the batch file needs to have a licence, I have found myself using two CALs just for development (out of just 5 CALs i currently have), one licence for my personal user for editing file on my personal PC, and one license for running the batch files from a user on the server.

So my question is -

How would you usually go about assigning CALs for the development environment? will every developer have its own licence? should i use the same user for development and production and for the Batch files? Is there a need to assign a CAL to one of the users on the server?

Also where do you do your QVW editing? on the server machine or on a seperated one?

I know it's alot of questions but I am honestly confused as to how should I manage my development Environment.

Thanks in advance,

Shahar.

0 Replies