Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carlo_Romagnano
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikView: I couldn't edit box if ZOOM is less than 100% and the flag "Move/size sheet objects" is unchecked

It's strange but true: I couldn't edit box if ZOOM is less than 100% and the flag "Move/size sheet objects" is unchecked.

See the attached file.
How to reproduce the bug:
1) place an inputbox on the sheet.
2) Set zoom less than 100% (e.g. 75%)
3) Uncheck the flag "Move/size sheet objects" in the properties of the sheet in the folder "Security".
4) Uncheck the flag "Admin overwrite security" in the document properties in the folder "Security".
5) Try to edit the input box by clikking on the right button with three points: no "edit expression box" opens (this is the bug).
qlik-security.jpg
In a more complex qvw document, when I clik on the three button to expand the "edit expression box" a bad event is triggered.

P.S. I need to uncheck the "move/size" flag because the document is used on a tablet with touch screen, in addition, the table is HD, so, the screen is scaled to 200% and the zoom of qvw document is 75%.

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Carlo_Romagnano,

What client are you seeing this behavior with - in QlikView Desktop, or when app is opened from Access Point? What is the full build version (e. g. 12.70.0200)?

Best Regards 

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Carlo_Romagnano
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

We use only "QlikView Desktop". The bug is in any version of QlikView. Starting from the 32 bit version 11.20 SR14 to the 64 bit version 12.60.20200.0 SR2. I noticed that QlikView has a lot of problem with zoom and scaling.

marcus_sommer

I couldn't confirm this behaviour - never experienced it until today with various releases of QlikView and with various monitors with different resolutions and scaling. Therefore I assume it's more a specific issue with the graphic-driver from your tablet which doesn't fully support the Qlik rendering engine or isn't suitable configured (if I'm remember correctly there were some major-changes to the engine within the 11 and 12 releases - you should find some hints to it within the various release notes). 

Carlo_Romagnano
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Have you tried the file attached in my post on your Windows 10 o 11 pc/notebook with QlikView Desktop?  I do not think it depends on graphic-driver because the problem is replicated on notebooks (hp, dell, surface, asus, toshiba, etc.), tablets, pcs with both Windows 10 or 11. I do not think they use the same graphic-driver.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Carlo_Romagnano,

If you wish to report a potential bug to Qlik Support, you'll need to open a case and provide a sample app that exhibits the issue, provide the necessary steps to reproduce the issue and provide the expected results vs. the actual results. Qlik Support will then work with Qlik R&D to determine if this issue is a bug or not.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
marcus_sommer

For me it worked without an issue - whereby I don't use any scaling. If you had tested it on multiple machines the graphic driver/settings seems unlikely as cause ... whereby depending on your region-settings and used/available fonts ... Also the user-settings could have an impact - especially if any of the easter eggs were touched.

Therefore I suggest to repeat everything. Installing windows complete new with region-settings to USA. Then installing QlikView - no further programs/tools and or any user-settings within the OS or in QlikView (you don't need any licence for such test) and creating a new application with the input-box. I assume it will work. Afterwards you may change/add all kinds of configuration/tools and so on ... Of course this is a hard-core approach ... maybe you skip a few parts and just re-installing QlikView by removing any user-settings (the settings.ini !!!) and then ...

Carlo_Romagnano
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Do you have the following security flags?

qlik-security.jpg

marcus_sommer

It worked with and without enabling the override security setting.