Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xyz_1011
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QlikView Data Modelling Challenge

Hey all,

i am struggling with the following challange: I have a set of groups where each group defines a scope of facts. The scope is determined by a set of articles and customer_nationalities using inclusion or exclusion. 

Example (please see attached QVW for actual use case):
Group: "toys_italian_customers_only" (inclusion): Selecting this group should result in the fact table being reduced to only data that

• have article ids corresponding to toys and
  • customer_nationality_id corresponding to Italy.

another example (also in the attached QVW):
Group: "german_customers" (exclusion): Selecting this group should result the fact table being reduced to data where

• the customer_nationality_id is not 1 or 2

Looking forward to get some hints, help or advise 

Thank a lot in advance!

(for the ones only having Sense these days, please find the script in the attached .txt )

Labels (2)
1 Reply
marcus_sommer

I think I would create a listing of the customer-article-combinations probably by joining the 3 group-tables and loading them as mapping-table like:

m: mapping load  customer & '|' & article, 1 from JoinTable;

and within the fact-table something like:

applymap('m', customer & '|' & article, 0) as Flag

Instead of a single Flag field you may also create several ones and/or using multiple mapping-tables and (nested) applymap() logic to get your include/exclude logic and you may also reverse the 0/1 assigning logic to simplify the join & mapping approaches.

If the include/exclude could contain some overlapping you need in each case some advanced logic by using several Flags or applying The As-Of Table - Qlik Community - 1466130.