Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with creating time groups for time intervals

Hello,

I hope that somebody could help me here in the forum with my problem. I have no ideas anymore why it is not working.

Problem with Time Groups

Description: I would like to create a timewindow with 4 different values for the reaction time:
Reaction time = ReactionTimestamp - StartTimestamp

Group1 ==> 0 - 10 sec.
Group 2 ==> 10 - 20 sec.
Group 3 ==> k.A. (where the ReactionTime is ' ' (empty)
Group 4 ==> > 20 sec.

I have tried nearly every possibilities, different formats in script and different if-Statements, but QlikView does not recongnize my reactiontime correctly I think so.

I hope somebody could give me a solution for my problem? Please use my attached .qvw file for a solution.

Thanks

Kind regards,

Herbert

3 Replies
spsrk_84
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

The problem is solved,you are not getting the correct results because in the IF condition u had given while checking the condition u have given values in Single Quotes so it is treating them as characters i.e the output is not coming properly.I removed those single Quotes and tried i got the correct result as per you expexted,please find the attached file for your reference.......

Regards,

ajay

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your response, I have already tried your solution before, now the row Nr. 1 and 4 which where false in my .qvw file are correct, but now the row Nr. 2 and 3 are false. Here are the results how it should be in the field "ReactionWindow"

Row 1: ==> 0 - 10 sec.

Row 2: ==> > 20 sec.

Row 3: ==> 10 - 20 sec.

Row 4. ==> k.A.

So this solution does not work, maybe there are other ideas?

Thanks for helping me.

Regards,

Herbert

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I think I have found a solution for my problem for my own and I want to share it now. Thanks to ajay for the help with the mapping for the null value ==> k.A.

What was the problem:

I got the reactiontime with this code ==> and the problem was the interval format

interval(ReactionTimestamp - StartTimestamp,'s.f') as ReactionTime

Now I changed it to this with 2 seconds and it works I think so absolutely corretly, I have to test it in my real application.

interval(ReactionTimestamp - StartTimestamp,'ss.f') as ReactionTime

But I don*t understand whats the big difference, I tought that when I use as format s.f ==> than it makes no sense how many seconds are in front, if there are 3 or 30 or 300? Maybe somebody could give me an explanation for this, that would be great?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Herbert