Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with copying objects

Hello,

I try to copy an object (Straight Table) from one application to another. I simply perform a right click on the object in the source application and select »Copy to clipboard -> Object« from the menu.

In the destination I do a right click and select »Paste Sheet Object« from the menu.

The object is then inserted but not all columns are displayed. If I look into the properties of the "new" object I can see all columns and they are all marked as active but are still not displayed. If I remove one column and readd it with the same formula it is displayed.

Any idea how to solve this problem so that I don't have to recreate the object from scratch?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

PS: I'm using QV10 SR3

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ekech_infomotio
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

OK, your expressions are active - but are they visible:

hide_and_seek.PNG

and if you have "conditional", do you have all required fields/variables/values to satisfy the condition?

Other question:

in your target app: do you get NULL-values? do you suppress NULL-values?

regards,

Edgar

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ekech_infomotio
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Assuming you talk about a chart object with some expressions, I would say there are some fields missing - just look at your expressions in your target app and if there are fields missing your Expression Editor won't say "Expression OK".

Also you could check, if there are show/hide-conditions on your expressions depending on variables (which your target app doesn't have).

Conclusion:

Check, if your target app has all the (relevant) fields from the source app

check, if your target app has all the (relevant) variables from the source app.

regards,

Edgar

Not applicable
Author

Edgar Kech schrieb:

Assuming you talk about a chart object with some expressions, I would say there are some fields missing - just look at your expressions in your target app and if there are fields missing your Expression Editor won't say "Expression OK".

The expression editor says »Expression OK« and yes it a chart object type »Straight Table«.

Therefore for me it seems that all fields and variables are there. Moreover when I readd the expression with the formula manually it is displayed without any problems.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

maybe you're using some variables which are not present in the second document?

Not applicable
Author

Przemek K schrieb:

Hi,

maybe you're using some variables which are not present in the second document?

Would be a possible solution but in my case the expression simply works when I readd it with the same formula.

I have just double checked it and no relevant variable is missing.

Regards

ekech_infomotio
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

OK, your expressions are active - but are they visible:

hide_and_seek.PNG

and if you have "conditional", do you have all required fields/variables/values to satisfy the condition?

Other question:

in your target app: do you get NULL-values? do you suppress NULL-values?

regards,

Edgar

Not applicable
Author

You are my hero for today. I totally missed this point. There was one condition and it was based on a variable which was missing.

So it works now.

Thank you very much.

Regards