Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem in displaying the same value between date ranges.

Hello Everyone,

I have a database in which records are stored when there occur any changes in the field. So, there is a field called Effective_Date in which the dates are stored and then corresponding changed records are stored. This date field only contains date's on which any changes has been made. When I link this to the calender , I won't have the data for the dates other then that on the Effective_date field.

So, if any field in the database changes on Jan 1 and it remained until Jan 31 and then some changes occurs in the field on Feb 1, so Is there a way I can get the same values when I click on any date in my calender between Jan 1 to Jan 31 ??

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Reply
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you need to show those values in a Chart expression, perhaps you could use FirstSortedValue with a set analysis condition to alter the Date selection.

So, adduming that the calendar date field is called Date, and the user can select a single Date.

Then, you can use something like this:

=FirstSortedValue( {<Date={"<=only(Date)"}>} Field, Date*-1)

The set analysis makes all the dates before the selected Date available, and the FirstSortedValue picks the last available value sorted by the Date, descending (hence multiplying by -1).

I haven't tested the syntax, but it should work.

Oleg